So the other day I wrote about a little room makeover that we have been working on at our house. I mentioned that I was headed to our local paint store to get “Party Time” for a special project. Well, I did it! I finally did it. I’ve been talking about wanting to do this project for several years and now it’s done!
I painted our piano!
After 8 days of working on this project and some where around 9 coats of priming, painting and polyurethaning it’s finally done. I knew this was going to be a biggie– that was one of the main reasons why I kept putting it off. If you decide to tackle it, you may want to see a physician first for a few Prozacs to knock the edge off. Actually, the worst part of it all was how long it dragged on. I was hoping to have it done in a couple of days, but all the painting and waiting for it to dry made it carry on for over a week. Even if it took a month, the transformation was sooooooo worth it! I couldn’t have done it though without the help of my superhero and husband, David! He took the piano a part into 6 pieces, which made the painting process so much easier. And he helped put it all back together.
Our room is almost done. All that’s left is the fun stuff– hanging art, finding a small side table and lamp, and taking care of a couple of other little things. When it’s all done I’ll let you see, but for now here’s just a peek: