In my early elementary years at school my handwriting was a mess. Somewhere around my preteen years I got interested in improving my penmanship. I can still remember studying my older sister’s flawless handwriting and wanting so badly to be able to write like her. I practiced a lot and in all that practicing my handwriting greatly improved and it got positive attention from my teachers. All this to say, my sister’s artistic influence in my life started at a very early age.
When my sister, Misty was in high school she decided to take an art class. Before that class her art experience went no farther than doodles on the front of her school folders and paint pen decorations on her clipboard. That all changed in high school– a new discovery unleashed as she soon learned that she had the ability to draw pretty much anything. After high school she went on to study art education in college.
Misty was the first person I ever knew to be bold with color. She challenged me to think outside the box. She introduced me to the idea of seeing shapes, colors, texture, light and beauty in everyday life. She was the first person that encouraged me to put drawings on paper and paint on a canvas. I’m pretty sure if it had not been for Misty I would have never started trying this thing called art and I would still be living in a world with muddy colors. To this day my sister is one of my biggest fans and a huge source of inspiration and encouragement to me. Thank you, Misty (RH)!
In honor of my sister, I am hosting a giveaway for some of her hand painted ceramics! Yay! If you didn’t say yay you should have because her work is amazing, fun, one-of-a-kind and functional.
My cabinets are fully stocked of lots of Misty Collins Pottery pieces and among them are these little dipping bowls. I LOVE THEM!
I love these little dipping bowls because they are so cute, each one is different, we’re always dipping things around here and they are hand painted by my sister!
Enter To Win These:
These two little Misty Collins Pottery dipping bowls could be yours if you enter! All you have to do is enter by commenting on this blog post! See rules and guidelines below.
Rules & Guidelines:
You can enter up to FOUR times: Be sure to make four separate comments!
- Entry One: comment on this post and tell me what you think will be the first thing you use these for. In my house it is salsa!
- Entry Two: ‘LIKE’ Misty Collins Pottery on Facebook and then come back here and comment and let me know that you liked her!
- Entry Three: If you’re on Etsy, ‘FAVORITE’ Misty Collins Pottery shop and then come back here and comment and let me know you favorited her!
- Entry Four: Share this giveaway by Tweeting it, posting it to Facebook, E-mailing it to friends or any other share method. Then come back here and let me know you shared it!
- Be sure to include contact information when commenting.
- On Friday, March 16 at 8am/CST a winner will be drawn at random using the random number generator from Random.org and then will be announced on here.